Performance Based Objectives
1. I am able to cite textual evidence to support an analysis of what the text says explicitly.
2. I am able to cite textual evidence to support inferences drawn from the text
Learning Objective: Is to understand and practice identifying the 8 different parts of speech, grammar & mechanics
1. Daily Grammar Practice - Week 20
2. Review Essential 55 - Positive Rules for Creating Successful Students
Learning Objective: Is to understand and put to use the 12 Close Reading Strategies
3. Read Ch. 6 of To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee [while completing the 'Gallery Walk' Worksheet].
TURN IN - Argumentative Writing - "Declaring Yourself/Because I Said So" Worksheet
4. Introduction to Golden Globe "Best Picture" nominee , "The Great Debaters", with Forest Whitaker and Denzel Washington
1. NEWSELA: "OPINION: "BLACK PANTHER" IS FOR EVERYONE WHO THOUGHT BLACK HEROISM WAS UNATTAINABLE" - Complete the 4 online quiz questions and the written summary. [IT IS DUE]