What is the best birthday you can remember? Why? What makes a birthday really special? What makes growing up special? [DUE BY FRIDAY, 8/15/14, MIDNIGHT ON EDMODO]
Warm Up/Activator: Review Essential 55: Educator's Rules for Finding The Successful Student In Every Child (Role playing)
1. Read The Giver [Audible - Ch. 1]
2. During class reading, Class Dojo/Pretest Make ups:
Per. 3/4: J. Becerra, J. Causey, L.Sandoval, T. West,
Per. 6: D. Helesteanu, M. Parker,
Per. 7: Everyone
Per. 8: C. Lucas, M. Sims,
Winners (Scored 100% on What Good Readers Do Pretest):
Joshua S. [3/4]
Cason S. [3/4]
Sidney C. 
Matthew F. 
Amber C. 
Mario N. 
Catalina S. 
Robert Y. 
Treyton L. 
Samuel R. 
Prerna K. 
Tanner W. 
Ana G. 
Justice M.R. 
Emily P. 
Edmodo Post 1: Summertime - Winners:
K. Bonn [3/4]
Lesly S. [3/4]
K. Gantek [3/4]
M. Childs 
D. Hahn 
Sydney S. 
D. Strozier 
S. Clements 
M. Parker 
M. Speaks 
Ebby p. 
Erica M. 
Samuel R. 
Skylar C. 
Jackson F. 
Brandon F. 
Darcy S. 
Robazz Y. 
Kamila H. 
The Giver Quiz [Questions] for Ch. 1-3 [QUIZ ON TUESDAY, 8/12/14]:
1. What is the definition to APPREHENSIVE?
2. At what age do children receive bikes?
3. Who is the main character's best friend?
4. What is the name of the main character's sister?
5. What is the name of the baby staying the main character's home?
6. what month does the ceremony take place?
7. Have the main character's parents ever broken a rule on purpose?
8. What do children receive at the ceremony at age 12?
9. What was it about the apple that concerned Jonas?
10. Why was the new child staying with the new family unit?