Performance Based Objectives
1. I am able to cite textual evidence to support an analysis of what the text says explicitly.
2. I am able to cite textual evidence to support inferences drawn from the text
Learning Objective: Is to understand and practice identifying the 8 different parts of speech, grammar & mechanics
1. Review Essential 55 - Positive Rules for Creating Successful Students
Learning Objective: Is to understand and put to use the 12 Close Reading Strategies
1. We reviewed Scientific & Technical Vocabulary in preparation for the Milestone Test starting on Wednesday.
2. We used IXL to review for the Milestone Test starting on Wednesday:
A5 Direct & Indirect Object
D11 Active/Passive Voice
D14 Gerunds and their Functions
P4 Author's purpose
P6 Comparing Info in 2 Texts
P7 Comparing 2 Different Genres of Texts
Q2 Match Causes to their Effects
Q4 Identify Text Structures
S2 Identify Themes of Short Stories
S4 Read and Understand Informational Texts
D15 Infinitives and Infinitive Phrases
F12 Ellipses - Correct Use of Them
O3 Find Evidence to Support Claim
O4 Supporting Details in Informational Text
O5 Supporting Details in Literary Text
O6 Identifying Lapses in Logic (Fallacies)
3. Complete the final draft of your persuasive speech.
1. Complete the reading of "Wrinkle in Time" and complete the "Wrinkle in Time" hyperdoc posted in Google Classroom.