Performance Based Objectives
1. I am able to IDENTIFY CHARACTERISTICS OF DYSTOPIAN LITERATURE
2. I am able to CITE TEXTUAL EVIDENCE
3. I am able to DESCRIBE CHARACTERS THROUGH DETAILS OF CHARACTERIZATION
Learning Objective: Is to understand and practice the Essential 55 Rules for Creating Successful Students
1. Recite for Understanding the Essential 55 Rules for Creating Successful Students
- On MONDAY, students recorded 3 new vocab words: Utopia, Dystopia, and Dystopian Fiction. Students completed a chart covering the characteristic and themes of a dystopian society which are: Surveillance, Human Intervention in Genetics and Health, Misinformation, and Lack of Individuality. This information was gathered from an article, "Someone Might Be Watching -- An Introduction to Dystopian Fiction".
- On TUESDAY, we began our new novel The Giver by Lois Lowry, which is a model of Dystopian Fiction.
ON Wednesday, we completed the Ch 1. Giver Review Worksheet.
On Thursday: We read Ch. 2 of The Giver. We went online and revised NEWSELA #1 if needed. Then, we completed NEWSELA #2. Last but not least, continued to work on Utopia vs. Dystopia Mini Poster.
ON Friday: The students will read Ch. 2 of The Giver. Students will review Unit Vocab using KAHOOT online interactive game system. Students will begin taking Part 2 of Unit 2 Vocab Notes.
Homework: Complete Utopia vs Dystopia Mini Poster! DON'T FORGET YOUR SNACK DONATION!