Performance Based Objectives
1. I am able to cite textual evidence to support an analysis of what the text says explicitly.
2. I am able to cite textual evidence to support inferences drawn from the text
Learning Objective: Is to understand and practice the use of capitalization and punctuation
1. Daily Grammar Practice - Capitalization & Punctuation - Week 2
2. We learned the Grammar Songs
Learning Objective: Is to understand and put to use the 12 Close Reading Strategies
1. The class will read pgs. 34-45 of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
Learning Objective: Is to understand and develop the use of 8th grade ELA academic vocabulary
2. Students began to record 16 new vocabulary words: tone, author's claim, reason, valid, textual evidence, summarize, statistics, convince[d], subject, speaker, effect, personification, adjectives, reveal, poet, and attitude.
1. Complete Sign Up Genius & Remind 101
2. Return Class Dojo Form signed
3. Return Syllabus signed