Performance Based Objectives
1. I am able to cite textual evidence to support an analysis of what the text says explicitly.
2. I am able to cite textual evidence to support inferences drawn from the text
Learning Objective: Is to understand and practice diagramming varying sentence parts
1. Daily Grammar Practice - Sentence Diagramming - Week 2
Learning Objective: Is to reflect on reading a text and the application of practice to develop a skill
2. Complete a journal entry on your 100 Day Log
Learning Objective: Is to understand and develop the use of 8th grade ELA academic vocabulary
1. Students began to record 16 new vocabulary words: tone, author's claim, reason, valid, textual evidence, summarize, statistics, convince[d], subject, speaker, effect, personification, adjectives, reveal, poet, and attitude.
Learning Objective: Is to understand and put to use the 12 Close Reading Strategies to analyze various poems
2. In flexible groups, complete Poetry Jigsaw: Teens At Work
1. Complete Sign Up Genius & Remind 101
2. Return Class Dojo Form signed
3. Return Syllabus signed