ELA RL.7.1 STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO 'CITE TEXTUAL EVIDENCE IN ORDER TO SUPPORT INFERENCES DRAWN FROM THE TEXT
Performance Based Objectives
1. I am able to IDENTIFY CHARACTERISTICS OF DYSTOPIAN LITERATURE
2. I am able to CITE TEXTUAL EVIDENCE
3. I am able to DESCRIBE CHARACTERS THROUGH DETAILS OF CHARACTERIZATION
Learning Objective: Is to understand and practice the Essential 55 Rules for Creating Successful Students
1. Recite for Understanding the Essential 55 Rules for Creating Successful Students
-Students completed MONDAY - Parts of Speech practice through the Monday Warm UP for D.G.P. Week 2.
-Student reviewed with Mr. Marc The Giver: Test 1 Study Guide [Test on next Tues., Sept. 4th]
-Students completed TUESDAY D.G.P. - Daily Grammar Practice. SENTENCE PARTS practice through the Tuesday Warm UP for D.G.P. Week 2.
-We read as a class Ch. 7 of The Giver
-Students completed The Giver Test 1
-Students completed Wednesday D.G.P. - Daily Grammar Practice. CAPITALIZATION/PUNCTUATION practice through the Thursday Warm UP for D.G.P. Week 2.
-Students reflected on their grade on The Giver Test 1. Students identified at least one area of focus for student growth.
-As a follow up activity to reading Ch. 7 of The Giver, students will summarize Ch. 1 - Ch. 7 of The Giver by developing descriptive chapter titles for Ch. 1 thru Ch. 7
- We recorded 3 new vocabulary words to our Vocab Notes for The Giver.
-We read Ch. 8 & 9 of The Giver
-Students completed Friday D.G.P. - Daily Grammar Practice. SENTENCE DIAGRAMMING practice through the Friday Warm UP for D.G.P. Week 2.
-We read Ch. 9 of The Giver
- Students completed Ch. 7-9 CITING TEXTUAL EVIDENCE WORKSHEET
1. Complete Descriptive Chapter Titles for Ch. 1 thru Ch. 7
1. Complete NEWSELA: Why "Fahrenheit 451" Will Always Be Terrifying